...and so it goes...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

happy SAD

in celebration of Single's Awareness Day (SAD) and the olympic games, i thought i'd award some romantic men from my life:

bronze medal goes to:
-i dated this guy the summer after my freshman year in college. we don't talk alot, but we've kept in contact. i was excited to see an email in my inbox yesterday, thinking "aw, he thought about me on valentine's day," only to find out the email was to tell me his proposed to his girlfriend and she said yes. wow, thanks.... great timing jerk!

silver medal goes to:
- my first real boyfriend (8th grade) dumped me for the most popular girl in the 7th grade. one night we were talking, and he told me that he really liked my personality. i asked why he dumped me. he said, "well, you see, girls like [girl #2] are just so hot, it's very rare that they will ever date me, so i had to take the opportunity. don't worry, i'm sure this won't last too long, and i'll be up to dating you then."

and the gold medal goes to:
-one year my boyfriend gave me a bracelet, which was actually pretty nice. what made the moment memorable was his statement following the gift exchange, "well, i actually got you a ring but then my mom was like 'how long are you planning on being with this girl', so i took it back and got the bracelet". classic!


here's to you mr.'suckiest-boyfriend-ever'-award-winners, this buds for you!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger allison said…

    Bronze--Receiving moldy flowers on V-Day from my then boyfriend (check out cheesymac.blogspot.com for more details).

    Silver--Getting stood up in high school! Turns out that guy also dated a girl who's now a part of Quest.

    Gold--Telling the guy I was dating in a phone call that I was going to the emergency room for a massive toothache. Apparently, that was the end of our relationship. He never called me back...not even to check to see if I was still alive! I should have known something was wrong when he showed me his police gun on the first date!

    Thankfully, I know awesome guys who don't act like this--my brother and Quester guys included. Here's to you, guys who treat girls like they should! You are my heroes this V-Day!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger allison said…

    Thanks, the_dude...I love your reference to a publication primarily read by the over 65 set!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger philthy said…

    hilariously painful.
    if it makes you feel any better, my dad gave me the newspaper clipping of my ex-girlfriends wedding announcement for Christmas this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home