...and so it goes...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

always on my mind

maybe it's just a woman thing, but i get these cravings in my head that won't go away. for example, the other day i began to notice a soreness in my throat that would have felt much better had it been in contact with a wendy's frostie. the thought of the frostie entered my mind around 9pm, and did only grew in intensity up until through the wendy's drive thru in urbana. hey, wendy's is open late, right? wrong! apparently wendy's is only open late... if they're not CLOSED!! slightly disheartened, i moped my way through the night. tomorrow, perhaps, i will find a wendy's that is open, and i will endulge in my frostie!

the next morning, i felt as though i had been hit by a mac truck. i refuse to call this illness a "cold" due to it's severity, but all medical symptoms point to that diagnosis. i mentally prepared myself to get out of bed at the ungodly time of 10 am, only thinking about how lovely it will be when i get my frostie. oh, so soothing.

that afternoon, i took my little sister shopping, the whole while thinking about the cool refreshing chocolate goodness massaging its way down my throat. i casually mentioned the idea to my sis, at which point we traveled to the wendy's on prospect. my jaws were juicing for this long anticipated dessert. we pull into the drive thru, and see the display has been taken out of the drive thru sign. that, mixed with the lack of vehicles in the parking lot, was a clear indication of their similar closing.

i sat there, in disbelief, waiting for the little speaker to ask me if it could take my order. i just sat there, hoping, pleading, wishing. finally, my little sis said, "um, i think they're closed". i knew. how could i not know. all signs pointed to closed, but my heart could not make the connection. if this wendy's is closed, and the wendy's in urbana is closed.... are we out of wendy's? has phil truly been taking over wendy's $10 at a time?

i have tried everything: sprite, water, ice cream sandwiches, oreos and milk, chocolate chip cookies, tea..... everything! nothing can satisfy this craving for a wendy's frostie. damn you dave thomas.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger philthy said…

    I warned Wendy's not to mess with me!

    PS, Dave Thomas is dead, so your damning him will most likely not have an influence

    hope your throat feels better

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    i am aware of mr.thomas' passing. i have after-life leverage.

    don't mess with me either!

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Tyler Brauhn said…

    I thought there used to be and may still be a Wendy's south on Neil kinda by Steak and Shake and all that. That's pretty close to your apartment, so you might wanna check that out.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Val-

    I believe the owner of the local C-U Wendy's franchises is experiencing major financial difficulty so the local Wendy's were closed when their creditors took over. Word was they planned to re-open at some point, either the creditors would open and operate or they would sell to a new franchisee. Leave it to me, the banker, to be up to speed on local financial difficulties. You could probably go to a Wendy's in another city/town (provided not owned by the same franchisee) or make do with some other semi-frozen chocolate dairy product-you are close to Custard Cup :)

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger EhJayM said…

    my god, i want some wendy's right now.

    But I feel for you. I had frosty cravings all throughout senior year and was always left disappointed because it would come late at night when the wendy's was closed.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw a Wendy's at the Portland Airport and decided I had to eat there. Unfortunately, I was sick, too, so a Frostie would have been the worst thing for me at that time. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to fly back to Portland again!

    Allison

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you gotta have it, driver east on 74 to Daville, there are two there, one on Norh Vermillion and the other on East Voorhees.
    Not easy to get to but it might be worth the drive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home