...and so it goes...

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

fun-related events

it's that time again for a blog of recent quotes/scenes that i found particularly entertaining. usually these tid-bits involve anne and her moronic-ness, but this time, she's not the only one to make headlines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne-related


setting: Anne's house while making cookies. timer goes off.

me: uh, you wanna turn that thing off?! timers drive me nuts! there's always someone in lab who forgets to turn their's off and i just want to scream.

anne: i know, like when the buzzer goes off at mcdonald's, i just wanna yell, "hello?! the fries are done people! let's turn the thing off!"


i stop everything and give her a look of disbelief. moment of silence.

me: are you serious?

she was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anatomy-related

setting: lab. student looking for the platysma muscle.

student 1: val, how much does a platypus weigh?

me:
uh, ....now, what?!

student 1:
well, this muscle just made me think of a platypus and we were discussing how big they were. what do you think?

me:
hmm.... maybe 5-10 lbs.

student 2:
ha, told you so. (looks at me.) he said they were like 200 lbs.


wikipedia weighs them in at 1.5-5.3 lbs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

setting: lab. 2 days before exam.

student: so do we need to know all this stuff?
points to an unlabeled diagram containing 95% of exam material

me:
um, yeah.

student:
oh. hm. that's alot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

setting: lab. student holding a female pelvis model.

student: hey val, thanks! i've been looking for the clitoris for years and i finally found it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmy-related


setting: random times when i'm hanging out with or talking about my pregnant sister.

me: c'mon fatty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

me: i don't wanna share a bed with the pregnant girl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

me:
did you just finish your second cupcake?

emmy:
nope, my first.

she looks at her stomach


emmy:
the previous one was his.

she grabs another cupcake


emmy:
this one's his too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sarah:
i saw your sister today in the mall.

me:
you don't know my sister.

sarah:
yeah, but there was this girl that looked just like you, she was pregnant, and she was wearing a mt.carmel sweatshirt.

me:
yep, that was her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger philthy said…

    anne don't worry. I've yelled at the McDonald's employees one more than one occasion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home